How to Make an Appointment
- All appointments are released at 8am for booking, for up to 11 days in advance.
Some of our appointments are bookable online
Patients can book an appointment by calling reception on 01689 861098
We offer telephone or face to face appointments
Cancelling Your Appointment
As we all know the NHS is under pressure and GP and Nurses appointments are precious. If you cannot make your appointment please call the surgery as soon as possible so that we can offer your appointment to another patient.
- Cancel online using Patient Access (can only be used for appointments booked via Patient Access).
- Telephone: 01689 861 098.
- If we have your mobile phone number we will send you a text confirming your appointment date and time, you can cancel your appointment by replying to the text.
If you require a home visit please contact the surgery between 8 am and 10 am so that they can discuss the request with the Duty Doctor.
Home visits are strictly reserved for patients who are bedbound, have known significant disability or who have an illness which is so severe that they cannot travel to the surgery. We cannot provide visits on the basis of age, convenience, or lack of transport.
Home visits are purely at the discretion of the Doctors and are based on clinical need.
Home visits are less satisfactory than appointments at the surgery as:
- We cannot access computerised medical records
- We do not have the full range of facilities for examination and tests.
- We do not have the back up of our support team.
There are several services aimed at helping people who have disability to travel to see the doctor.
Interpreting and Translation Support
The Practice has a professional translating service to offer translation for patients whose first language is not English.
The service can also provide a BSL interpreter to provide sign language for patients with hearing difficulties.
Please advise Reception when making an appointment that you require this support, so this can be arranged for your appointment.